Indian Gaming Regulatory Act
Printable Text Version
| American Indian Casinos/Resorts |
**AMERICAN INDIAN CASINOS/RESORTS**ALABAMA**GENERAL INDIAN CASINO INFORMATION
- Poarch Creek Indian Bingo Palace Atmore, Alabama
"Offering the highest stakes Indian Bingo in the South."
Owned/Operated by the Poarch Band of Creek Indians
Located in Atmore, Alabama, take Highway 21 at Interstate
65 (Exit 57). For more information call, locally:
334-368-8007 or toll free: 1-800-826-9121.
- Apache Gold Casino Resort San Carlos, Arizona
- Cliff Castle Casino: Yavapai-Apache, Verde Valley of
Central Arizona "...turns Arizona's scenic beauty into
wondrous non-stop days and nights of Reel Excitement."
- Welcome to Hon-Dah Casino! 'White Mountain Apache Tribe' "Whether you come for a weekend or longer, we'll thrill you with our dazzling array of attractions and activities. The casino features unlimited progressive jackpots, the most nickel slots in Arizona, the state's only penny slots, video keno and video blackjack." Arizona
- The Mazatzal Casino "Owned by the Tonto Apache Tribe, a small tribe with a lot of heart, who welcome you to come and enjoy "The friendliest casino in Arizona".
- Cliff Castle Casino Owned by the Yavapai-Apache Nation Located in Camp Verde, Arizona, off I-17 take Exit 289.
- The Palace Indian Gaming Center, "has had a tremendous impact on our reservation. The Palace has grown from 86 employees in 1994 to over 400 employees in 1997, one-third of whom are Native American." Located in Lemoore, California, and managed by The Santa Rosa Rancheria Tachi Tribe.
- Paiute Palace Casino: In the Eastern Sierras, Bishop, California
- Casino Morongo 'Owned by the Morongo Band of Mission Indians' "The Casino Morongo is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and offers 100,000 square feet of gaming entertainment. Casino Morongo is located twenty minutes west of Palm Springs, California on I-10, off the Cabazon exit, on the Morongo Indian Reservation."
- San Manuel Indian Bingo & Casino "Since 1986 San Manuel
has been the premier gaming establishment in the Inland Empire."
Economic Development of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians of California.
- The Paiute Palace Casino "...is a new development in Indian gaming!"
Located in Bishop, California.
- Feather Falls Casino Located in Oroville, California
Owned by The Concow-Maidu of Mooretown Rancheria.
- Barona Casino "We believe in Magic" 1000 Wildcat Canyon Road, Lakeside, California!
- Twin Pine Casino "Located just south of Middletown, California is owned and operated by The Middletown Rancheria, band of Pomo Indians. The Casino is open 24 HOURS a DAY, 7 DAYS a WEEK, offering Traditional Coin Drop Slot Machines.
- Welcome to Agua Caliente Casino ~ The Spa Resort Casino
"Over 1000 years ago, The Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians discovered "SE-KHI" (boiling water) in the area that has come to be known as Palm Springs. The Cahuilla considered the mineral springs to be sacred as well as waters with great curative and restorative powers. So special were these mineral waters that the Cahuilla built a bath house on the site that is today, The Spa Resort Casino. Situated on nine acres in the heart of downtown Palm Springs, California."
- Foxwoods Resort Casino: Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation
"Come Play in the Connecticut Woods"
- Mohegan Sun 'A Legendary Gaming Experience' Owned by the Mohegan Tribe (UNDU WIGO), the casino is conveniently located approximately one mile from the interchange of Interstate 395 and Connecticut Route 2A in Uncasville, Connecticut." (1 Mohegan Sun Boulevard, Uncasville, Conneticut 06382) For more information call 1-888-226-7711.
- Sky Ute Casino "Amidst the calm magnificence of some of Colorado's most spectacular ranch land you'll find a big-time surprise. Big fun, big rewards, and big smiles. The Sky Ute Casino. . . the Southwest's friendliest casino.
Southern Ute Enterprises - Southern Ute Indian Tribe - Ignacio, Colorado
- Welcome to Miccosukee Indian Gaming "Corner of Krome Ave.
and Tamiami Trail 500 SW 177th Ave. Miami, Florida 33194"
- Seminole Gaming Palace The Seminole Gaming Palace in Tampa,
Florida has hundreds of video gaming machines paying huge hackpots,
stud poker, Texas hold'em, and high stakes Bingo.
- Hollywood Seminole Gaming in Hollywood, Florida "Hollywood Seminole Bingo was the first high stakes operation in the country opening on december 14, 1979 at 5:00pm. After court challenges by the State of Florida and later in California the path was cleared for gaming on Indian reservations."
- Clearwater River Casino Nez Perce Tribal Bingo & Casino
"The casino has over 400 video lottery machines that offer
nickel, dime, quarter, fifty cent, and dollar play. Many are tied to
Progressive Jackpots!" Located off Highway 12 in Kamiah, ID
Owned by the Nez Perce Tribe, Lewiston, Idaho
- Shoshone-Bannock Tribe Owners of the Fort Hall Casino "Where The Money Is!"
High Stakes Bingo and Casino! Located off I-15, exit 80, Fort Hall, Idaho.
- Penobscot High Stakes Bingo ~ Penobscot Indian Nation
"Established in 1973, being one of the first Indian Gaming
Operations in the country, located on Indian Island, Maine."
- Four Winds Casino Resort - New Buffalo, MI
Pokagon Band Pokagon Fund Lakes Entertainment
Located in New Buffalo, Michigan's Lower Peninsula!
Owned by the Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Indians
901 Spruce Street, Dowagiac, MI 49047
- Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe of Michigan
- Soaring Eagle Casino And Resort "The largest hotel in
central Michigan opened its doors Monday, July 27,
1998 for visitors from all walks of life to enjoy.
Located in Mount Pleasant, Michigan's Lower Peninsula!
Saganing Eagles Landing Casino • Winning comes naturally.
Located in Standish, Michigan's Lower Peninsula!
- Little River Casino Resort ~ Manistee Michigan
Located at the intersection of U.S. 31 and M-22 in Manistee, one
of Michigan's most scenic areas, in Michigan's Upper Peninsula!
Owned by the Little River Band of Odawa Indians
- Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians
Odawa Casino Resort - Petoskey, Michigan
S. US Highway 131, Petoskey, MI 49770
"Odawa Casino Resort is ideal for the guest
looking for excellence in hospitality,
entertainment and dining destinations."
Northern portion of Michigan's Lower Peninsula!
- Ojibwa Casino Resort Baraga and Marquette, Michigan
"Located in Michigan's Beautiful Upper Peninsula!"
Call Toll Free 1-800-920-4746 anytime to receive
directions, on finding your way to a great time.
- Keweenaw Bay Indian Community
Lake Superior Band of Chippewa Indians
- Bay Mills Resort & Casino ~ Kings Club Casino
"The Bay Mills Indian Community, is located in
Brimley, in Michigan's Beautiful Upper Peninsula!"
- Wild Bluff Located at Bay Mills Resort & Casinos in
Brimley, Michigan, is a championship 18 hole golf course
overlooking Waishkey Bay, the St. Mary's River and Canada.
Introduced in 1999, Wild Bluff has quickly become a popular
golf destination for tourists visiting Northern Michigan.
- Kewadin Casinos 5 Locations in Michigans Upper Peninsula
Owned by the Sault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa Indians
Sault Ste. Marie ~ St.Ignace ~ Manistique ~ Hessel ~ Christmas
- Greek Town Casino 'A Kewadin Casino'
Located in Detroit, Michigan's Lower Peninsula!
- Traverse Bay Entertainment ~ Traverse Bay Casino Resorts & Lodging
Owned/Operated by the Grand Traverse Band of Ottawa & Chippewa Indians
- Leelanau Sands Casino: Located a scenic drive 20
miles north of Traverse City on M-22 in Peshawbestown.
Phone: 1-800-922-2WIN or 231-271-4104
2521 NW Bayshore Dr., Peshawbestown, MI
Open Sunday through Thursday 8am-2am,
Friday and Saturday 8am-3am.
- Turtle Creek Casino: Located 4 miles
east of Acme on M-72 in Williamsburg.
Phone: 1-888-777-UWIN or 231-267-9546
7741 M-72 E., Williamsburg, MI
Open 24 hours
- Chip-In's Island Resort & Casino
Hannahville Potawatomi Indian Community
The Hannahville Indian Community in Michigan's beautiful
Upper Peninsula. The Potowatomi Indian Reservation is
located in Menominee County (Harris Township) which is
approximately 13 miles west of Escanaba on U.S. 2 & 41.
Phone: 800-682-6040 ~ 906-466-2941
- Lac Vieux Desert Resort Casino - Watersmeet Michigan
Lac Vieux Desert Band of Lake Superior Chippewa Indians
On US 45, 1 1/2 miles north of US 2
in Watersmeet, MI Phone: 906-358-4226
- Nottawaseppi Band of Huron Potawatomi
FireKeepers Casino - Opening Mid-2009
"The casino will be located between Marshall
and Battle Creek on the south side of Interstate
94 at Exit 104 in Emmett Township."
- MLive: Everything Michigan ~*~ MLive Forums ~ MLive Forum Search
- Leech Lake Band of Ojibwe ~ Operates 3 casinos: the Northern Lights Casino,
south of Walker, Minnesota and near Onigum tribal community, Leech Lake Bingo and Palace Casino Hotel located at Cass Lake, and White Oak Casino located in Deer River, Minnesota.
- Treasure Island Resort & Casino "Owned by the Prairie Island Indian Community, located in southeastern Minnesota, north of Red Wing, between Highway 61 and the Mississippi River. The people of Prairie Island are Mdewakanton Dakota. Dakota means "friend" or "ally." The Mdewakanton Dakota people have lived on Prairie Island for countless generations." For information, send e-mail, or phone: 1-800-222-7077.
- Shooting Star Casino, Hotel & Event Center
Star Tours Getaway Adventures "We'll arrange group transportation to a spot in the unspoiled Northwest and we'll spoil you every time. Nestled in the Northwest lake region of Minnesota, Shooting Star offers you a chance to ride a lucky streak straight to the best time you've ever had. Located in Mahnomen, Minnesota."
- The Mystic Lake Casino And Hotel! "Open 24 hours, 365 days a year!"
"The largest and most spectacular gambling and entertainment facility in Minnesota, located just minutes from Minneapolis and St. Paul, with free shuttle service available 7 days a week." Prior Lake, Minnesota
- Red Lake Gaming Enterprises "Owned and operated by the
Red Lake Band of Chippewa Indians Red Lake, Minnesota
- "The Lake of the Woods Casino and Bingo located in Warroad, Minnesota on beautiful Lake of the Woods has over 300 direct pay video slots including Poker, Keno, Red,White, & Blue, and many other of your favorite games."
- "The Red Lake Casino and Bingo is located 30 miles north of Bemidji, Minnesota via Minnesota Highway #89 and offers a variety of video slot machines including Keno, Poker, and progressives."
- River Road Casino "This 13,000 square foot complex is located just eight miles south of Thief River Falls, Minnesota and offers exciting slots, friendly Blackjack, Bingo and a variety of pulltabs."
- Jackpot Junction Casino Hotel Located in southwest Minnesota, about 110 miles from Minneapolis/St. Paul. "We're Minnesota's first and friendliest casino."
- Minnesota Gaming Directroy "Casino Guide Officially
Endorse by the MIGA, Minnesota Indian Gaming Association"
Prior Lake, Minnesota Casino Index
- Silver Star Resort Hotel and Casino Philadelphia, Mississippi
"Owned by the Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians "A federally recognized tribe located in Choctaw, Mississippi East Central MS near Philadelphia."
- Pearl River Resort ~ Golden Moon Hotel & Casinos "Highway 16 West, Philadelphia, Mississippi"
"Owned by the Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians "A federally recognized tribe.
- Turning Stone Casino Resort ~ Live A Little "The Oneida Indian Nation invites you to come see - and come play - at New York State's casino, located in Verona in the heart of Central New York at Exit 33 of the New York State Thruway. The Oneida Indian Nation Operates a variety of enterprises help support the Nation's services to its members, as well as providing employment for more than 3,100 people." Oneida Enterprises include; Standing Stone Gaming, Shoppes at Turning Stone Casino, Golf, RV Park, SavOn, Oneida Textile Designs, Native American Catalog, Marion Manor Marina, SmokesOnline.com, Indian Country Today, Employment Information Services!
- Sky City "Sky City is your premier New Mexico casino
offering a warm and friendly gaming environment with over
850 slot machines, the latest Vegas style table games,
live bingo, special tournaments and tourist packages.
Great games, accommodations and live entertainment are
just a few reasons to make Sky City Casino your New Mexico
vacation destination for a fun-filled experience."
Acoma Pueblo - Acoma, New Mexico
- Camel Rock Casino * Discover The Rock! "Located just minutes
from Santa Fe, Camel Rock is the jewel of New Mexico's gaming
industry. Owned and operated by the Pueblo of Tesuque, it is
reflective of the intrinsic beauty and quiet strength of its
- Isleta Gaming Palace 'New Mexico Indian Gaming'
- The Santa Ana Star Casino and Pavilion: "Located at 54 Jemez Canyon, two miles west of I-25 on Highway 44 in Bernalillo, New Mexico. The Star Casino is uniquely New Mexican -- with Southwestern architecture and Santa Fe-style furniture on a Native American reservation."
- Harrah's Cherokee Casino "Owned by the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians of North Carolina (EBCI). Located at the intersection of Rt 19 and business 441 on the Cherokee Indian Reservation. There's live entertainment, three restaurants, and child care facilities. The casino is open 24 hours a day."
- 4*Bears Casino and Lodge Owned by the Three Affiliated Tribes the Mandan, Hidatsa and Arikara. Located on the Lewis & Clark Trail, on beautiful Lake Sakakawea, just four miles west of New Town, North Dakota on Highway 23.
- Prairie Knights Casino! "The Standing Rock Sioux Tribe "North Dakota's Premier Entertainment Center" Fort Yates, North Dakota"
- Cherokee Nation Casinos Live Games, Good Food, Great Fun! ~ Come Join The Fun! "It all begins here at Cherokee Casino. Whether you're a first-time blackjack, bingo, or video bingo player or a master of the games, the Casino's unique brand of Bingo and Electronic gaming is designed to provide hours of entertainment and excitement.
- Choctaw Indian Gaming Centers "All Locations Open 7 Days a Week!"
Durant ~ McAlester ~ Idabel ~ Pocola - Oklahoma
- Tele Bingo "Live High Stakes Bingo"
Sac and Fox Nation Gaming Center; Shawnee, Oklahoma
- Kaw Nation Bingo 'Soveriegn Nation of the Kaw'
Kanza "The Wind People" Oklahoma
- Seneca Cayuga Bingo North Highway 10 ~ 24701 S. 655 Rd., ~ Grove, OK 74344
"Located on Highway 10, North of Grove, OK. If you are coming North, just follow Hwy 10 through Grove until you reach the stop sign, turn left staying on Hwy 10. Cross the bridge and come 3.5 miles to our beautiful new building. New Hours: Early Birds at 6:00 p.m. Regular sessions at 7:00 p.m. Come See Us!"
- Comanche Nation Games "Chairman Johnny Wauqua welcomes you
to Comanche Country and Comanche Nation Games Lawton / Ft. Sill,
Oklahoma. Where winners come to play and players come to win!"
- Chinook Winds Casino "Owned and operated by the Confederated Tribes of the Siletz Indians of Oregon, the spirit of the tribe is captured in this newly built facility. With natural wood decor, a pond with a flowing waterfall, along with a breathtaking view of the Pacific Ocean, you’ll be sure to feel at home."
- Kla-Mo-Ya Casino "An enterprise of the Klamath Tribes, opened it's doors in the summer of 1997. The casino name is an acronym of the three tribes that form the Klamath Tribes: Klamath, Modoc and Yahooskin Band of the Snake Indians. Located on N. Hwy 97 just North of the Crater Lake turn off, Chiloquin, Oregon."
- Spirit Mountain Casino "Owned and operated by the Confederated
Tribes of the Grand Ronde Community of Oregon." ( CTGRCO)
- Wildhorse Gaming * Resort Cayuse Umatilla And Walla Walla Tribes!
Located in Northeastern Oregon, 5 miles east of the town of Pendleton.
- The Confederated Tribes of the Warm Springs Indian Reservation
- Kah-nee-ta Resort & Casino The Warm Springs Reservation was established by The Treaty of 1855 on a small reserve of land where our ancestors lived for thousands of years. In 1937 the Wasco, Paiute and Warm Springs Tribes organized as the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs and became a sovereign, self governing nation.
- Warm Springs "Indian Head Gaming Center" "...on the Kah-Nee-Ta Resort is the heart of the Warm Springs Indian Reservation, Warm Springs, Oregon. This casino is the smallest Oregon gaming center set within the state's largest Indian Reservation."
- Seven Feathers ~*~ Seven Feathers Corporation "Hotel & Casino Resort" Canyonville, Oregon. Owned by the Cow Creek Band of Umpqua Tribe of Indians. Our Interstate 5 location means we can offer you terrific and convenient casino trips to the Seven Feathers Hotel & Casino Resort. We are located in Canyonville, Oregon, which is in the southern Umpqua Valley in Oregon.
- The Mill Casino ~ Hotel 'Even the View is a Winner' "Owned and operated by the Coquille Indian Tribe of Oregon. Located in North Bend, Oregon."
- Kickapoo Lucky Eagle Casino "Eagle Pass, Texas has just the thing for you. The Lucky Eagle Casino is one of only two only casinos in the state of Texas, so while you're here, hop over to the Kickapoo Reservation for some fun and games."
- Bad River Lodge, Casino & Convention Center "Nestled in Wisconsin's beautiful Lake Superior region, Bad River Lodge & Casino features big-city casino action and all the comforts of home. Our 50 room lodge is attached to the casino. Lodge rooms include standard double Queen, King, Jacuzzi suites and handicap equipped. Owned and operated by the Bad River Band of Lake Superior Chippewa, Odanah, Wisconsin"
- The St. Croix Casino: Conveniently located on U.S. Highway 8 in Turtle Lake, the heart of northwest Wisconsin, one hour northeast of Minneapolis / St.Paul and one hour northwest of Eau Claire, Wisconsin.
- Mole Lake Casino Located in Mole Lake, Wisconsin, owned by the
Sokaogon (Mole Lake) Band of Lake Superior Chippewa
- Mohigan North Star Casino & Bingo "Mohican Nation Stockbridge-Munsee Band" (Located between Bowler and Gresham, Wisconsin)
- Wisconsin Gaming Directory
- Swinomish Northern Lights Casino Welcome to Swinomish Casino & Bingo
"The Swinomish Indian Tribal Community is a confederation of Coast Salish Native American tribes, including the Samish, Kikiallus, Lower Skagit and aboriginal Swinomish tribes. There are 764 tribal members currently enrolled." 12885 Casino Drive Anacortes, Washington 98221 Phone: 360-293-2691 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quinault Beach Resort & Casino 'Owned by the Quinault Indian Nation.' "Located directly on the beach at Ocean Shores, the Quinault Beach Resort is Washington's premier coastal destination. The Resort's "regional lodge" design was created to harmonize with the natural beauty of its coastal environment and embody the essence of this magical location." Ocean Shores, Washington Maps and Directions
- Puyallup Tribes Emerald Queen Casino "The Class III (Puyallup Tribes Emerald Queen Casino) and Class II Gaming ( Puyallup Tribes Bingo Palace or BJ's Enterprise) are located on Puyallup Tribal Land, Tacoma, Washington."
- Silver Reef Casino, "Northwest Washington's only 24-hour casino!"
Ferndale, Washington * 1-5 Exit 260 * 4 minutes West
Lummi Indian Tribe 2616 Kwina Road Bellingham, WA 98226
Phone: 360-384-1489 FAX: 360-384-5521 FAX: 360-384-4737
- Little Creek Casino Located at the junction of Hwy 101 and 108 in Shelton, Washington.
- The Skagit "The Skagit is owned and operated by the Upper Skagit Indian Tribe in order to provide economic self-sufficiency. The Skagit is located just off Interstate 5 at exit 236 70 miles north of Seattle and 70 miles south of Vancouver, B.C."
- Clearwater Casino "Welcome to the Suquamish Clearwater Casino homepage! Here you can find out about us, check on upcoming events, browse our gourmet menu, learn about the latest games, and download valuable coupons!" Suquamish, Washington
- Yakama Legends Casino 'Owned and operated by the Confederated Tribes and Bands of the Yakama Indian Nation' "Opening in 1998 is the Yakama Nation's LEGENDS CASINO! Located in Toppenish, Washington off of Highway 97, 18 miles south of the city of Yakima. The new 45,000 square foot facility will feature Las Vegas style table games, poker, keno, high stakes bingo, video bingo and high stake pulltabs. In addition, the new facility will have a 100-seat food court, delicatessen, children's playland with supervised care, arcade, gift shop and a multi-purpose event room."
- Colville Tribal Enterprises Corporation Gaming Division
- Mill Bay Casino Offers state-of-the-art gaming services and the Coyote Café restaurant. 1-800-648-2946
- Coulee Dam Casino Provides Grand Coulee Dam visitors a variety of games, food and entertainment. 1-800-556-7492
- Okanogan Bingo-Casino Equipped to hold up to 500 bingo enthusiasts and has a variety of games. 1-800-559-4643
**CANADIAN FIRST NATIONS CASINOS/RESORTS
- Grand Casinos, Inc. "Come explore each Grand Casino resort and find out what's new. (There's always something.)"
- 500 Nations ~ Indian Casinos "Indian gaming is now in 27 states! Entertainment, online coupons, specials! Native American Indian casinos, casino resorts, bingo, and gaming!"
- State Line Casinos "Your Resource for Casinos Within 20 miles of a State Line"
- Alabama/Florida State-Line
- Poarch Creek Bingo Palace: Hwy 21 and I-65, Atmore, AL
- Michigan/Canada State-Line
- Bay Mills Resort & Casino: 11386 W Lakeshore Dr., Brimley, MI
- Kings Club Casino: 12140 W Lakeshore Dr., Brimley, MI
- Kewadin Casino: 2186 Shunk Rd Sault Ste Marie, MI
- North Carolina/Tennessee State-Line
- Harrah's Cherokee Casino 777 Casino Dr, Cherokee, NC
- Casino City ~ Casino Directory Locate by Name, Loction, Game, Type...
- NativeCasinos.com 'Discover Indian Gaming' "NativeCasinos.com is the center for Native American Indian Casinos on the Web! Here you can find all your information on Native American Casinos, Indian gaming rules, Indian Casino locations and a vast archive of searchable information related to American Indian Casinos."
- Multimedia Games, Inc. 'Based in Tulsa, Oklahoma'
"Provides and operates state-of-the-art telecommunications and
data processing systems for gaming and entertainment applications."
- MegaMania is a fast-action game that results in a winner in about two minutes.
The game currently being played in Bingo halls features a progressive prize that
averages more than $10,000 and is won about once per week.
- Indian Bingo Halls Participating high stakes Indian bingo
halls with their telephone numbers and addresses listing.
- White Buffalo Casino ~ The Legend of the White Buffalo "Welcome to the most exciting casino and sports wagering experience around! With over 20 realistic and exciting table and machine games, the White Buffalo Casino is the finest gaming software available today. Beautiful 3D graphics and digital sound featuring music, ambient sound and voices make this as close to the real thing as you can get on the net! ~ The White Buffalo Casino is owned Axxis, a wholly owned corporation of the Ochapowace Band, a First Nations group located in Saskatchewan, Canada."
Play for FUN online! ~*~ Play for REAL online!
- Akwesasne Mohawk Casino "We're open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We're casual, comfortable and easy to find on Route 37 in Hogansburg, NY - ten minutes east of Massena, and just a short 10 mile drive from Cornwall, Ontario over the Seaway International Bridge. "
- Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Authority "Bringing you gaming throughout Saskatchewan" Native owned gambling casinos are available across Canada!
- Northern Lights Casino ...where the excitement never ends
44 Marquis Road West, Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Canada S6V 7Y5
Phone: 306-764-4777 FAX: 306-922-1000
- Painted Hand Casino The Legend of the Painted Hand... "The Painted Hand was revered both as a symbol of great bravery and honour to the warrior who received the mark of such distinction. A decorated warrior would charge at a fully armed enemy warrior in the midst of battle and "count coup" by touching the enemy with his bare hand. This act was recognized as the greatest feat of bravery executed by a warrior, to rush the enemy in combat and to assault him with a mere touch, thereby sparing the enemy's life instead of taking it away."
30 - 3rd Ave. N, Yorkton, Saskatchewan, Canada S3N 1C1
Phone: 306-786-6777 FAX: 306-786-7774
- Bear Claw Casino & Lodge challenge the bear...
P.O. Box 1210 Carlyle, Saskatchewan, Canada S0C 0R0
Phone: 306-577-4577 ~ FAX: 306-577-4899
- Gold Eagle Casino 11902 Railway Ave., North Battleford, Saskatchewan,
Canada S9A 3K7 ~ Phone: 306-446-3833 FAX: 306-446-7170
**PUBLICATIONS, NEWS & OPINION
- The Great Plains Indian Gaming Association "GPIGA is comprised of the following Tribal Nations: Sisseton-Wahpeton Sioux Tribe, Spirit Lake Nation, Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa, Standing Rock Sioux Tribe, Three Affiliated Tribes, Flandreau-Santee Sioux Tribe, Oglala Sioux Tribe, Santee Sioux Tribe, Yankton Sioux Tribe, Rosebud Sioux Tribe, Prairie Band of Potawatomi of Kansas, Crow Nation, Blackfeet Tribe, Sac and Fox Nation, Kickapoo Tribe, Chippewa Cree Tribe, Northern Cheyenne Tribe, Northern Arapahoe Tribe, Omaha Tribe of Nebraska, Meskwaki Tribe of Iowa, Iowa Tribe of Kansas and Nebraska, Santee Sioux Tribe, Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska, Gros Venture and Assiniboine Tribes, Fort Peck Tribe, Little Shell Tribe of Chippewa Indians of Montana, Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes, and Shoshone Tribe."
- National Gambling Impact Study Commision Washington, D.C.
- Gaming Laboratories International Inc.
(GLI) "Device And Systems Testing For
Gaming Manufacturers and Jurisdiction"
- Links to Regulators
- Tribal/State Compacts - Listed by State
- Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians And State of North Carolina
- Bay Mills Indian Community And State of Michigan
- Grand Traverse Band of Ottawa and Chippewa Indians And State of Michigan
- Keweenaw Bay Indian Community And State of Michigan
- Lac Vieux Desert Band of Lake Superior Chippewa Indians And State of Michigan
- Saginaw Chippewa Tribe And State of Michigan
- Sault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa And State of Michigan
- National Indian Gaming Association (NIGA) 'American Indian Gambling and Casino
Information Center' "We are an organization of over 150 sovereign Indian Nations
as well as other non-voting associate members interested in the preservation of
our sovereignty and protection of our economic rights in tribal gaming and economic
development enterprises." NIGA Publications
- Indian Gaming Business Official Publication of 'NIGA'!
- California Nations Indian Gaming Association 'Advancing the
lives of Indian peoples economically, socially and politically.'
"CNIGA, founded in 1988, is is a non-profit organization comprised
of 76 federally-recognized tribal governments. CNIGA is dedicated
to the purpose of protecting the sovereign right of Indian tribes
to have gaming on federally-recognized Indian lands."
- Gaming Facts "This section includes answers to frequently asked
questions, information on tribal sovereignty, a history of Tribal
government gaming in California, and gaming related research."
"Tribal governments recognized early on that the truth
about Indian gaming could only be told by Indian tribes."
--Daniel J. Tucker, CNIGA Chairman
- 7th Annual Western Indian Gaming Conference
San Diego Convention Center January 29, 30, & 31, 2002
- The State of Michigan Gaming Law Web Site "A comprehensive
resource of Michigan gaming activity. This site is produced by the
Gaming Practice Group of Fraser Trebilcock Davis & Dunlap, P.C."
- Michigan Gaming Control Board "MGCB Serving Michigan citizens
by licensing and regulating commercial casinos, their suppliers
and employees in accordance with the "Michigan Gaming Control &
Revenue Act" (Public Act 69 of 1997), and by overseeing Indian
casinos in accordance with applicable Tribal-State gaming compacts."
- Turnbull & Associates "Professional Casino Cage
Operations Consulting & Training 'Don't Gamble With
Your Profits' A Women Indian Owned Minority Business
With Over 27 Years Of Combined Professional Gaming
Experience Specializing In Indian Gaming Properties"
- Tribal Gaming Commission Administrators, Inc.
'A division of Irwin Gaming Consultants, Inc., MA'
"Support and training for your Tribal Gaming Commission
as it protects the integrity of your games, the security
of your assets, and the sovereignty of your nation."
- New Mexico Indian Gaming Association, Bernalillo, NM
"Indian Gaming... Working for Indian Nations and working for New Mexico.
NMIGA's mission is to protect and preserve the general welfare of tribes
striving for self-sufficiency through reservation based gaming enterprises.
NMIGA also seeks to maintain and protect Indian government sovereignty."
- State of Minnesota Department of Public Safety
- Gambling Enforcement Section "Gambling Enforcement conducts
background investigations and criminal investigations relating
to lawful gambling, the Minnesota Lottery, parimutuel horse
racing, and tribal reservation gambling. Additionally, the
division enforces laws pertaining to illegal gambling such
as sports bookmaking and other illegal gambling activities."
- NAIIP News Path "the People's Paths ~ the People's Voice"
- Native AmericaN CasinO Magazine 'The magazine for the Native American businessperson.' "Native American Casino (NAC) is a monthly magazine for the Indian Gaming industry and is dedicated to the growth and prosperity of the Native American businessperson. NAC's goal is to be the premier gaming business magazine for Indian Gaming operations and other 'Indian owned and operated businesses', as well as serve as a related information source for all tribal members, casino employees and vendors."
- Indian Gaming Magazine ~*~ Headline News
'National Magazine of the American Indian Gaming Industry'
"Serving the Industry for Over a Decade" Bellevue, Washington
- California Indian Gaming News 'The Place For Indian Gaming News On The Internet' Victor Rocha Communications, LLC ~ Editor & Webmaster: Victor Rocha (Luiseño, Enrolled Pechanga Band of Luiseño Indians) Online Since 1998. E-mail: email@example.com
- The Detroit Free Press Casino News Detroit, Michigan
- The Detroit News Casino Guide Detroit, Michigan
News articles on Casinos and American Indian gaming!
" Directory of Michigan and Windsor-area casinos"
Casino Games, Practice here for free! You can't lose here.
- Gambling and Spirituality, A New Anthropological Perspective
"The 3,250-word article is a compilation of papers written
at the request of two Native American groups exploring the
pros and cons of gambling. The article is based on the book,
'Gambler Way', by Kathryn Gabriel."
- A History of Indian Gaming in Michigan by Jerry Griffin
"Information from (HFA) the Michigan House Fiscal Agency"
- Florida: Statement Regarding Supreme
Court Decision On Indian Gaming
- Statement of Indian Gaming Perspective
From Robert Hill, NIGA Chairman
- Government Should Not Go After Casino Money
By Jim Northrup
- National Indian Gaming Commission Chair To Resign
(To take effect prior to Janurary 31, 1997.)
- Indian Gaming: A destructive culture force or
an empowering economictool for Tribal sovereignty?
from The Thinker "For every issue, there is another
side; think about it."
- Guilty Hands: Traditionalism & the Indian Gaming Industry
"It is better to have more lightening in the hand than
thunder in the mouth." By Sam Ridgebear
- Gambling On A New Life: From Midwest Today,
Article by Neal Lawrence. (January 1995)
- AZ universities to get $1M from gaming funds
By D. Shayne Christie Arizona Daily Wildcat,
Published November 14, 1996
- Native Americans are Cashing-In
"With Gambling Casinos on the Reservation."
Author: Lora Abaurrea Date: May 6, 1996
- Miami And Modoc Tribes Get Gaming Approval
By John Berry
| Return to: Paths to Changing News! |
| "the People's Paths!" |
| "People's Paths Site Index!" |
Server of choice for the People's Paths!